2017 Arrowverse Crossover
During CW’S Upfront presentation last week, the network announced its plans for another mega Arrowverse crossover episode between the 4 Vancouver-filmed DCTV series: Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl. The announcement wasn’t a surprise given that this season’s Arrowverse crossover event landed the network its most-watched week over the past 6 years. According to Deadline.com, the network revealed that this season’s Arrowverse crossover would land in November and will be another 4 night event. It was previously announced that Supergirl’s episode would be more engrained in the event, unlike this year’s version which saw merely a minute cast crossover at the end.
Supernatural Meets Scooby-Doo
If you asked me before which one of the Vancouver-filmed CW series would get a Scooby-Doo animated episode, I would have guessed Riverdale. But the Scooby Gang’s experience with ‘supernatural’ creatures makes it a good fit too. The animated episode which was announced during this week’s CW Upfronts presentation will appear during the upcoming 13th season of Supernatural. Of course, there will be an appearance of the Great Dane himself, alongside the regular Supernatural cast who will be playing animated versions of themselves.
I was interested to see what people thought about this idea; here’s what Twitter had to say:
— What's Filming (@WhatsFilming) May 20, 2017
Looks like the majority of people are exciting to see the episode. Let us know in the comments below what your thoughts are!
Fall TV Schedule
The networks were abuzz announcing their plans for the upcoming 2017-2018 TV season. Here’s a roundup of what’s new, what’s on the move, what’s staying put and what’s being held for midseason.
- ABC medical drama The Good Doctor starring Freddie Highmore airs Mondays at 10pm
- CBS tech series Wisdom Of The Crowd starring Jeremy Piven airs Sundays at 8pm
- Audience Network scripted comedy series Loudermilk with Ron Livingston airs Tuesdays at 8:30pm starting (premieres October 17th)
On the Move
- Arrow moves to Thursdays at 9pm replacing Riverdale on The CW
- Riverdale moves to Arrow’s former position on Wednesdays at 8 on The CW
- Once Upon A Time moves to Friday at 8pm on ABC
- Supergirl – Mondays at 8pm
- The Flash – Tuesdays at 8pm
- Legends of Tomorrow – Tuesdays at 9pm
- Supernatural – Thursdays at 8pm
- iZombie – for reference, season 4 premiered Wednesday, February 1st at 9pm
- The 100 – for reference, season 3 premiered Tuesday, April 4th at 8pm (then returned to its regular time of 9pm following the premiere)
War for the Planet of the Apes – Final Trailer
Twentieth Century Fox released the final trailer for War for the Planet of the Apes starring Andy Serkis, Woody Harrelson, Steve Zahn. The movie filmed in Vancouver and British Columbia from October 14th, 2015 to March 24th, 2016 including some extensive scenes at an empty lot off Triangle Road in Richmond. War for the Planet of the Apes premieres in theatres on July 14th. Check out the final trailer here:
- Kandyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica, Hemlock Grove) was added to the cast of Syfy’s new TV series Ghost Wars which started filming in Vancouver & area this month
- Alan Tudyk was added to the cast of Dirk Gently season 2. This comes a week after his previous series Powerless was cancelled by NBC after 1 season.
- William Forsythe (BLAH) will play J. Edgar Hoover in season 3 of Amazon’s The Man In The High Castle which is scheduled to start filming on June 26th after being delayed by just over a month
- The Magicians promoted 2 actors to series regulars for season 3: Trevor Einhorn (who plays Josh Hoberman) and Brittany Curran (who plays Fen)
- Paper Towns star Nat Wolff was added to the cast of Semper Fi, a crime-thriller movie which starts filming in Vancouver July 5th via @lemon_buzz. Nat was in Vancouver last year for his leading role as Light Turner in the upcoming Netflix original movie Death Note.